Saturday, September 6, 2014

Lets Talk About Text Baby

Let's talk irony  We would expect that my cell phone service in the United States would be better with my American carrier T-Mobile. What we wouldn't expect, is that my American service provider T-Mobile would give me better service in another country...well folks, this is the case. In Turkey my coverage switches over to a carrier called AVEA and I haven't had any trouble whatsoever with texts, data, or calling. This, my friends, is irony.

Because I have global coverage what I'll do is maintain my cellphone plan from the States because I have access to unlimited data as well as unlimited text. Great for facetiming and snapchatting my fellows back home. However when I want to text a Turkish number or give a friend here in Turkey my American number we have to mention international text codes. I'll explain:

First, we always add '+' at the very beginning...


There are international dial codes
                                    (the numbers you must enter to "enter" the country's service zone)


There are international exit codes
                                    (the numbers you must enter to "exit" your own country's service zone)


So here are the United states entry and exit codes.

1 : entry code (for foreign dialers)
011 : exit code (for U.S. outbound dialers)

And the Turkish entry and exit codes.

90 : entry code (for foreign dialers)
00 : exit code (for Turkish outbound dialers)


now lets put it into action. I have an American number but I want to dial my Turkish friends cell phone...

+011 90 #### ######

I have a Turkish friend who wants to dial my American number from Turkey.
+001 ### ### ####



So there you have it friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment