Thursday, January 24, 2013

BOOM BABY

It's 1 am...1:03 sorry. I am whipped, exhausted, tired, slipping, tipping, breaching, pushing for...for what? Well I am hoping all this exhaustion pays off someday ha! I have no promises, no guarantees that I will be successful but I had some great advice from a speaker that came into one of my campus group meetings.

" The key to moving up in life, whether at your job, in school , whichever pursuit you want to excel at - the key, is to take on more responsibility."

" I got where I am today because anytime there was a position to be volunteered for I took it, and what happens when you have too many projects for one person? They give you people to work under you and help you with those responsibilities."

So that's where I'm at. Push to be uncomfortable, if there isn't a weight on my shoulders how will I grow strong enough to carry more?

Imagine a person on the ground curled up in a fetal position but with forehead touching the ground and arms wrapped around knees those knees and their toes also touching the ground. A pressure from all directions, think of it as a cloud or a cloth like weight of some sort. In order to stand you have to first uncurl your body. You have to force your back against this pressure that encompasses you. Eventually you work enough to be able to stretch out your body fully, then, to be able to stand fully erect.

You push on this cloud opening and creating a space around you, now you can walk around in a small area. The cloud is still all enveloping , completely surrounding you infinitely in all directions. You can push on it here and there and you create more space for yourself. You can walk, in fact now you can skip a little . You have pushed a great distance for yourself after time , and now you can run!

This weight, this pressure, this cloud of darkness infinitely surrounding us is life. It is the world around us and if we are content in that fetal position on the ground, if we never push up against the pressures and difficulties of life, we will never be able to stand. For those who decide they want to run though and for those who want a space so vast that they sometimes forget where they began...for those people, a lot of work is required and a lot of strength is built, because after awhile you get used to the pressures of life and you get used to constantly pushing out and constantly building strength. This is my life and I'd like to be able to run. I will not settle having my forehead pressed to the ground.



1 comment: